1 lb. ground beef
½ cup organic, unsweetened ketchup
2 Tbsp date paste*
1 squirt mustard
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
2/3 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
DATE PASTE: To make date paste, soak 1 cup pitted dates in 1/2 cup hot water (pressing dates down into the hot water a little so they are all soaking). Let soak for 5 minutes, then blend until smooth.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, date paste, and mustard. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine meat and all other ingredients. Add ¼ cup of the ketchup mixture to the meat mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Shape into mini meatloaves. You should get 12 mini meatloaves in total, shaped into thick, oval patties.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until no longer pink in the middle. For the last 5 minutes, top with the remaining ketchup mixture.
5. Serve with your favorite vegetable and a delicious salad.
6. Meatballs can be frozen in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Inspired by Whole Food for 7